Jonas Alexander Larsen
December 5th, 1991
+47 404 76 346
Freelance illustrator and urban artist from Larvik, Norway, trained as an interdisciplinary artist and graphic designer.
Now I usually work digitally on a iPad Pro, with the Procreate app and an Apple Pencil. This makes for the best workflow for me — I can make everywhere my studio, featuring the full arsenal of tools required.
I do illustrations for magazines, books, records and posters, as well as some storyboards. Have also been leading workshops on comics and fanzines. You can actually fold a piece of paper into a small zine!
When not doing commissions I do urban art (sketching streets, cities, people and buildings architecture on the spot). Or indie publishing my weird comics as small books or fanzines.
Cardiff University, Musikkfest Oslo, Subway, The Charlotte Guest House, Amund Maarud, Forlagshuset i Vestfold, Dreyer Forlag AS, Barnebokfestival, Falck Forlag, marOder, Subway, Sykehuset i Vestfold, Egmont, VESAR AS, Tylden & Co, Kingsley Systematic Film Production and Oslo Teatersenter.
- Aftenposten Innsikt
- Agenda Magasin
- Donald Duck & Co
- Musikkfest Oslo
- Dracula: The Transylvania Journals by Jonas A. Larsen (JAL Illustrasjon, 2019). Story & illustrations.
- Raslefrosken by Nina Bay (Dreyer, 2018). Illustrations & cover.
- Eksplodera children’s book series by Nina Bay (LiV Forlag, 2016-2018). Illustrations & cover.
- Sannhet på boks — en hyllest til Raga Rockers (Falck Forlag, 2015). Cartoon.
- The Department Of Applied Chemistry (Kingsley Emmanuel, 2020). Storyboards.
- 2019: Visit Hoth, Finse 1222. (Group Exhibition.)
- 2018: All is not well — Care Giving in Sequential Art, Norwegian Church Arts Centre, Cardiff (UK). (Group exhibition.)
- 2018: iPad Drawings, Sandefjord Public Library. (Solo exhibition.)
- 2015: DTK Students, Odonata Flycafé, Fornebu. (Student exhibition.)